Subject: [Leica] FILM DVD! The Art of Observation.
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Tue Mar 4 13:46:04 2008

Nathan said:

"... and I am pretty sure it will cope with Never Twice the Same
Colour as well."

And you had to have worked in television 40 years ago to appreciate
the full depth of frustration behind that remark.  The early NBC
"Spectaculars" were 90 minutes or two hours long.  Those early color
cameras were so unstable, that a three-camera shown would keep a
fourth camera tweaked up and ready to go in the wings so that it could
be substituted for the first camera in use to go out of spec.

Then they'd recalibrate the one they pulled to have it ready for the
next one to go.

Regards,

Dick