Subject: [Leica] OT: Binoculars, what's top quality?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Mar 2 19:18:57 2008

Vick,You have had a lot of good advice.  Remember that with binoculars what
you see is what you see.  So, tabulate what is important to you which could
be close focus, magnification, image stabilization, sheer optical quality,
wide field, very low light performance, size and weight then take a look at
a well stocked dealer.  For this do not forget the gun stores as they will
frequently have a better selection of high end glass than a camera store.
 Personally, I would visit a store like B&H in person so I could handle a
lot of units.

While there find a dark corner with some fine detail and try all the
binoculars on that area where your pupils are wide open and your personal
vision is at it's worst.  Balance price versus performance and make your
choice.