Subject: [Leica] Changes in the Leica upgrade program
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Fri Feb 29 15:11:08 2008

Hello Luggers,
As I am on the digest this has perhaps already been discussed but
here again anyway is the email from Leica
about the latest changes in the upgrade program:

?

Dear LEICA M8 customers,
thank you very much for your positive reactions to our new M8 Upgrade
Service we had introduced to you in our Newsletter four weeks ago. At
the time, we had announced further information which is now following
as promised.

Due to numerous suggestions you made we have revised the concept.
Nothing has changed concerning the options ? the scratch-proof
sapphire glass cover for the LCD monitor and the noise-reduced
shutter. We have just simplified the process for you. What?s new is:

?
?

Upgrading of separate options
It was planned to offer both options in one package, i.e. the
sapphire glass cover together with the shutter. Now these options
will also be available as separate upgrades. The three upgrade-
options now available will cost:

- ex 1120,- EUR for both the shutter and the sapphire glass cover
- ex 750,- EUR for the sapphire glass cover only
- ex 800,- EUR for the shutter only

The stated prices include VAT and are valid ex Solms. Regional
differences to these tariffs are possible. The camera?s warranty
will be extended by another year after an upgrade.

?

Upgrades will commence as of August 2008
Also new is that you can commission the upgrades either through your
Leica dealer or directly through the Leica Customer Service as of
August 2008,
Tel.: +49-(0)6442-208 - 165 or - 189
E-Mail: m8.support@leica-camera.com
Important: Neither will an additional registration on the Leica
Camera AG Homepage be necessary nor the acquisition of certificates
? the order will be handled just like any other service commission.
The payment will only be due before your camera is sent back to you.

?

Upgrades in authorized LEICA M8 Service Centers
As planned, fitting the sapphire glass cover and the shutter will
presumably commence as of August 2008 in Germany, and it will also be
possible (this is new) in all other authorized LEICA M8 Service
Centers in the USA, Japan, Hong Kong, and Korea. Please observe that
sending the camera to a Service Center is carried out at your own
expense. Within the EU, you may call upon our Quick or Express
Service for the upgrades.

We will inform you in due time in another Newsletter when the Upgrade
Service is actually started.

Should you have any questions before that, please feel free to turn
to your dealer or our LEICA M8 support.
?

?

Yours Sincerely,