Subject: [Leica] [img] i can has leicablad!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Feb 29 10:27:33 2008

> I told you so.
>
> None of the eye level stuff is easy to use, because of the camera weight
> and
> bulk.   That is why I claim the camera is primarily a tripod mounted
> camera.
> Others will undoubtedly disagree.
>
> BTW, did you ever try a Rolleiflex TLR in the  Sports Finder mode?  Now
> that
> camera, with t he pistol grip, IS ergonomic.
>
> Frank Filippone
> red735i@earthlink.net
>

> now it's like trying to take a photo with a toaster oven.
>

> kc

Use a waste level and brace the camera against your chest.
After first focusing with the pop up thing.

And sure a cheap tripod is great it only has to support the camera waste
high. Or a little higher depending on your back
A pistol grip takes your hand off the camera.
And shifts the weight high above your hands.
Which will be unnecessary doubled with a prism.
Your right hand will be free much of the time.
Victor Hasselblads was a lefty.

The pistol grip is not MAN FROM UNCLE.
Its MAXWELL SMART.

Nothing beats the pop up on the Rollei as you can use it to sight straight
through it like and action finder and look down and focus.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com