Subject: [Leica] Wow, are the Mamiya as cool as the HASSELblad?
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Tue Feb 26 02:59:24 2008

I heard somewhere (if it's on the Intraweb, it must be true) that
Hasselbald is only really famous in US due to their ad campaigns and
over the other side of the pond, the Europeans prefer other brands.
How true is that?

At 02:41 AM 2/26/2008, Didier Ludwig wrote:
>The Mamiyas are the Volkswagen, the Hasselblads the Mercedes of
>medium format, and this is also reflected in their respective
>prices, if new or used.
>
>I just bought a well working Mamiya 645e with a 80mm/1.9 Sekor
>(fastest MF lens ever, btw). Production year 2000. The price? $250...

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from octabod at gmail.com (Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas) ([Leica] Wow, are the Mamiya as cool as the HASSELblad?)
Reply from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Wow, are the Mamiya as cool as the HASSELblad?)
Reply from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] Wow, are the Mamiya as cool as the HASSELblad?)