Subject: [Leica] 28/2,8 ASPH first test
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Feb 25 15:56:58 2008

Didier, I must leap to the defence of the Summicron 28 asph. Certainly the
Elmarit M 28 asph looks to be a very fine lens. On vignetting, in fact the
figures are virtually identical for both lenses at 2.8 & 5.6, (assuming use
of the full 35 mm frame). The Summicron does a LOT better at f2 ;-)
The vignetting effect is more obvious with bright clear blue sky expanse,
naturally (like my recent seascapes for example!). You may not observe any
fall off at all without bright sky. Let me tell you too that, on initial
tests that 'cron is stunning on the M8. The new reportage lens par
excellence.
Both lenses of course have astounding performance in very compact packages.

Cheers
Geoff
In summicron veritas