Subject: [Leica] M8 batteries after 1.201 firmware
From: plus_4 at hotmail.com (Neil Miller)
Date: Sun Feb 24 22:16:32 2008

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 20:31:05 -0500 Rei Shinozuka  wrote:

"i have one of these 1700mAh off-brands and an m8 with v1.201 firmare.
the battery goes into the m8 showing 3 bricks (full) but loses
about 1 brick per 20 shots and is blinking hollow by 68.
then i turned the m8 off and back on and the thing showed all
full again. odd.

can't say for certain if this is the result of v1.201 or not,
since i only recently tried the camera on a long weekend
vacation."

Rei, I have been getting very different charging results with the 1700mAh
off-brand batteries. At first they would barely charge. Now sometimes I get
a full charge. But the next time almost no charge. I have tried
disconnecting the charger every time the red light goes off and reconnecting
it. This seems to help build up a charge. Before the v1.201 upgrade there
were no problems although I only had the camera about six weeks. I have
ordered a 2000mAh battery from Adorama in NYC. We will see how this one
works.

Neil

Neil A. Miller
Phoenix, Arizona