Subject: [Leica] what?
From: crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall)
Date: Sat Feb 23 04:20:35 2008

On 23/02/2008, Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> wrote:
> IT'S STILL A NOTHING BIG DEAL!

Just read the news about Lee. While it may turn out to be "no big
deal" it is relevant to my current situation as a shooter so I read
the news and all the comments here with interest. I have used the film
camera shake out to play with various kit that was previously out of
reach and its been fun but that process has to end. I am now shaking
out kit at a good pace. My plan was to wait for Photokina and make a
move on digital. That was based on Lee's long standing promise that
this year's Photokina would be interesting. It may still be the case
and I am resolved to wait. I am very unlikely to abandon Leica as long
as my use of film remains viable or I take the plunge on Leica
digital. My problem is that I am using my Nikon film kit more than my
Leica kit and the D3 beckons. I cannot afford to follow both Leica M
or R digital and the D3 (or whatever appears from Nikon during the
interim). I hope Leica will make clear announcements - rather than
feed the rumour mill - between now and Photokina after which I will
make a decision. Until then I agree in principle with Ted though my
work load currently prevents me taking a day out shooting even at
weekends!

Chris B

P.S. My LUG Yearbook arrived and it is a great addition to my
bookshelf. If nothing else it the photographs you guys are producing
that makes this list rewarding. I look forward to the 2008 edition.

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] what?)