Subject: [Leica] reflections
From: elizabeth at reid.org (Elizabeth Reid)
Date: Thu Feb 21 09:06:03 2008

Man, you don't ask the easy questions, do you? I think I like the
first one best, because it seems the least posed. I find that,
generally, it's hard to take a self-portrait when the subject isn't
paying attention. However, in that case I was concentrating on holding
the camera at an awkward angle and such, so I wasn't thinking about
what my face was doing. It lead to quite a few odd expressions (turns
out when I concentrate, sometimes it looks more like anger), but I
think this one was a winner.

I also really like the second one, but that's almost because it's the
opposite of the first. Very obviously posed, but with interesting
details. I played around with the lighting and the contrast on that
one a whole lot, and I'm still not sure the one I chose was the best...