Subject: [Leica] Couple of Alternative Mountainscapes (Ted Grant)
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Mon Feb 18 14:03:34 2008

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/image/92789747

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/image/92789746

> Hi Bob,
>
> Fascinating as they look like paintings! But doesn't Mother Nature
> work in
> wondrous ways of creating!

Ted -

Well, y'know, the playing-with-your-expectations of where things are
in a normal landscape image is one of the things I really like about
the first image; looks kinda like a charcoal sketch to me.

The Mother Nature thing is also a big part of what I like about the
other one; it's such an organic form (anything from a lettuce leaf to
an elephant's skin) that it really seems to push some buttons for me.

Also, I've often tried to shoot things where you don't quite know if
you're less than an inch or more than a mile away from the subject.

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Couple of Alternative Mountainscapes (Ted Grant))