Subject: [Leica] Any Opinion about leica Elmarit 135 R ( Made in canada )
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Sun Feb 17 09:38:27 2008

Hi Platoali,

I have the first, German version and find it a very nice lens.  Not razor
sharp close up but still very nice.  The later Canadian versions are
supposed to be better, especially at close range.  The price depends on
whether it is a 2 or 3 cam lens, and will vary anywhere from $150 for a 2
cam lens to $500 for a 3 cam lens, and of course condition will determine
the cost also.  From what you describe, it is a bit high for a user 2 cam
lens, although not terribly high.  You did not mention what R camera you
have, for a SL or SL2 the 2 cam lens will work just fine, but if you have
any of the R, electronic cameras you need the 3 cam lenses.  A 2 lens cam
can be upgraded, and the cost for this lens is around $250 depending on
where it is done.  Hope this helps.

Gene

From: Platoali <platoali@gmail.com>