Subject: [Leica] This is a real Leica!
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Fri Feb 15 15:15:26 2008

Excellent picture Nathan!
Enjoy very much this lens!
Saludos cordiales
Luis

-----Mensaje original-----
De: lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org
Nathan Wajsman
Enviado el: jueves, 14 de febrero de 2008 22:21
Para: Leica Users Group
Asunto: [Leica] This is a real Leica!

I received my 25mm Leica/Panasonic Summilux Tuesday afternoon and just
looked at my test images on my computer this evening. I bought this lens to
replace the 1.4/30mm Sigma on my Oly E3. I was not unhappy with the Sigma
but thought you'd all like my pictures better if they were made with a Leica
lens.

Kidding aside, the images I looked at tonight have clearly shown me that
even though this lens is made by Panasonic, it definitely is a Leica. They
must have imported some Wetzlar virgins over to Japan or something, but the
test pics of my wife are so sharp that posting them would mean instant
divorce. So instead, I have one of my 13-year old daughter--the poor thing
does not have THAT option, and there is some camera shake involved too. Shot
at f1.4--what is the point of buying a 1.4 lens if you are not going to use
maximum aperture?

http://www.greatpix.eu/gallery/4253606_netUM#254474973

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman