Subject: [Leica] M8 questions
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Thu Feb 14 14:28:25 2008

Tarek,

Congrats on the new M8.  Mine has been pretty much dust free for the most
part.  However I use the Eclipse 2 cleaner on the Visible Dust swabs.  They
make one for the 1.3 sensors.  The swabs come in a box of 12 and should last
you a while.  I got 2 boxes just to make sure.   Normal use is maybe once a
month or less, depending on how heavy a shooter you are.  Since you are
going to a dusty area, probably higher use would be needed.  One trick I use
and it seems to work for me is to make sure you blow or dust around the lens
mount before you remove the lens, and then blow into the lens opening with
the lens mount down before mounting the new lens.  I just blow with my
mouth.  Seems like a long procedure, but really only takes a few seconds or
so.  This procedure seems to keep the dust out very well.  Also turn the
camera off when changing lenses.

Have fun with the new camera.

Gene

From: Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@pix-that-stimulate.com>