Subject: [Leica] M8 batteries after 1.201 firmware
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed Feb 13 10:06:17 2008

At 9:45 AM +0000 2/13/08, Neil Miller wrote:
>On: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:45:29 -0500 Tina Manley wrote:
>
>"Neil - Mine are doing fine. In fact, they are outlasting the Canon
>5D batteries on this trip. Something has happened with the Canon
>charger and the batteries last about 15 minutes before
>expiring. Leica ones - even the 8 cheap Asian ones I have - are
>holding a charge for a full day or more. I did upgrade to 1.201, too."
>

>Tina, The Asian batteries seem to be working OK. It is the battery
>level indicator on the camera that is not accurate. When you charge
>one of the Asian batteries does it indicate full charge in the
>camera? I am finding that I have no reference as to how much charge
>is in the battery. Before I upgrade to 1.201 the level indicator
>worked fine. I think one of those film gremlins has migrated to the
>digital world.
>
>Neil
>
>Neil A. Miller
>Phoenix, Arizona
>Email: plus_4@hotmail.com
>Website: http://www.neilamiller.com

I'm still using two Leica batteries and four Hong Kong batteries. All
work fine and indicate correctly with 1.201. The Hong Kong batteries
($19.00 per pair, including shipping) seem to have about 10 to 15%
more capacity than the Leica batteries.

Everything works well, and the AWB is now a lot better than on any
other digital camera I have used.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design