Subject: [Leica] Text and images from the Mojave
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Tue Feb 12 06:00:46 2008

Ken Sed:

>Excellent.  Most of my Las Vegas ("a giant scab on the face of the desert")
>experience is getting a vehicle at the airport to drive to Death Valley.  I
>do somewhat enjoy watching the people in the airplane.  A more than middle
>aged guy in a reddish suit, huge white ruffled shirt, tiger tooth on a neck
>chain...spilling coffee all over himself and no doubt ruining his paradise
>...Here is my favorite petroglyph image.  It is obviously a
>telling of a UFO encounter, though friends continue to disagree (g)...

>http://www.kencarney.com/Icons/tif_0065_std.html

I don't know what kind of crazed government payroll your friends must be on
to not admit that petroglyph is of an alien returning to its home planet....
Vegas might be a good place to people watch, it might be a rich photographic
treasure trove, but for me, it's just too sad and awful. It's not even like
driving past a road accident and finding that you can't turn away ... it's
just sad and awful. (Apologies to those Luggers with gold tiger teeth on
neck chains who love Howie Mandel and slot machines.)

But, it got me to the desert. Without Vegas, that place would probably still
be largely invisible and unseen. You could plunk me down in any square acre
of it and I'd be happy with my camera until I baked.

>> http://www.kylecassidy.com/pix/travel/2008/mojave-desert/mojave-9s.pdf

kc