Subject: [Leica] Helen Levitt exhibition in Hannover
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon Feb 11 06:40:28 2008

Hallo, Didier,
it was in the local paper this morning, quite impressive, maybe I'll
wander over to take a look at the weekend.
Last night  there was a film about Jim Rakete on ARTE, a photographer
very deeply involved in the Neue Deutsche Welle music trend (he was
Nena's manager, and she was a secretary in his studio before making her
big hit '99 Luftballons') and he is sticking with film to the bitter end
- uses Leica and Nikon RFs, a Plaubel Makina 67 and large format
Linhofs. Possibly one of the best portrait photographers in Germany
http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/gesellschaft/0,1518,528890,00.html

and here is some of his work
http://www.artnet.com/galleries/Exhibitions.asp?gid=424236030&cid=129304
http://www.camerawork.de/documents/rakete_show.pdf