Subject: [Leica] New Films
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Thu Feb 7 06:43:52 2008

Chris,

I'll hopefully have something in a few days. I just souped some Adox 50
and 100 CHS ("Art" they call it, which I kinda like). The ATP will
arrive today. I already have some subject matter in mind.

The problem with film is the waiting period. Not so much a problem, I
guess. Just an adjustment from having immediate results. OTOH, it
cultivates patience which for me isn't a bad thing.

My scanner (Minolta 5400) isn't working at the moment. Software, not
mechanical, I think. I've been fighting with some applications, not
graphic  but developer tools. I hosed something that my scanner needs.
Probably an easy fix. Then again.....maybe not.

Software isn't as much fun as it used to be. I'll likely end up making
wet prints first. Giving birth to a beautiful darkroom print makes the
whole film gestation cycle worthwhile. I don't get the same warm, fuzzy
feeling from inkjet prints, no matter how well they might turn out.
Don't know why that is. It just is.

I lost my darkroom, too. I made a makeshift one. It's not that much
hassle for BW. Color is another issue.

DaveR