Subject: [Leica] Morgan Plus 4 OT
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Sun Feb 3 07:44:19 2008

They have mechanical locks which you have to continually override to
get the lift down. It wouldn't happen accidentally.

I used to work at an old shop where we had air over hydraulic hoists
with separate, floor mounted controls for each column, and with NO
mechanical lock outs. Depending on the weight distribution, you to
adjust the flow to each column to keep things going up or down in
sync. Added to the difficulty of operating the hoist were the
occasions where someone accidently nudged the floor control of one of
the columns when they walked by. If that wasn't bad enough, one of
the hoists had a slow hydraulic leak. You knew when it was low when
it suddenly, without warning, dropped 8 to 10 inches.

My stomach still churns now when I operate any hoist. I also still
wake up in a cold sweat at night after yet another wayward hoist
dream. Thank goodness not much terrible actually happened, though it
got too darn close far too often for me to ever rest easy on this
earth again.

John

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Morgan Plus 4 direct link to slide show)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Morgan Plus 4)