Subject: [Leica] Down Loading M8 firm ware update.
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Fri Feb 1 19:35:24 2008

Hi Luggers,
I have been following with trepidation the reports on the Leica Forum
about a few M8's suffering SDS when installing the latest firmware
1.201. Given my history with 8's I was concerned that lightning might
strike again. :-( Following advice on how to avoid SDS I completely
charged a fresh battery, installed it, formatted an SD card, took a
deep breath and downloaded the update. It transferred easily to the
SD card in the card reader and I popped the card into the camera with
fresh battery and closed the bottom cover. I turned the camera on and
waited the mandatory 3 SECONDS - not two seconds and not four seconds
- and confirmed that I wanted to update the firmware. Guess what? It
installed (slowly) but correctly and checking the AWB - there is a
definite improvement in colour rendition and accuracy. No other
digital camera gives me such palpitations but I still love its results.
Howard (still freezing in Hong Kong - so much for global warming)

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Down Loading M8 firm ware update.)
Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] Down Loading M8 firm ware update.)
Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] Down Loading M8 firm ware update.)