Subject: [Leica] Re: replacement for M8 shutter?
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Fri Feb 1 13:45:39 2008

At my retirement party 2 weeks ago, I had my office partner use my M8 to
shoot photos for me.  Over the 3 hour period I found that I could not hear
the camera shutter sound unless I listened very closely, and then it was
just a low level click.  The room was not sound deadened nor were there any
other loud noises to mask the noise of the camera.  He also shot with his
Canon SLR, which was readily noticeable for sound.  he noise is noticeable
to the person taking the pictures, but that is because your ear is right up
against the camera.  Unless the shutter of my M8 dies, or I somehow smash
the LCD, there are currently no scratches on it after one year, I will not
be purchasing this first upgrade.

By the way the AWB with the new firmware is so far dead on.

Gene

From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>