Subject: [Leica] Parallel to Angled rays Breakthrough
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu Jan 31 16:38:51 2008

Bob, I believe the difference is simply that SLR bodies have greater
lens flange to film distance so the rays do not come into the corners
as obliquely. There have been reports of suboptimal performance at
the edges especially when it comes to wide angle cameras but that get
solved by.... better digital wide angle lens.

At 04:22 PM 1/31/2008, Afterswift@aol.com wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>It seems with the development of the Full  Frame 35mm digital format (Nikon
>D3, Canon D5) the problem of parallel rays  has been overcome, since we can
>now use standard 35mm lenses with the FF digital  reflexes and get quality
>images. The question: How did the engineers contour the  FF sensor
>to accommodate
>the angled rays  from traditional standard DSLR lenses. Was the breakthrough
>the use of  CMOS?

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)