Subject: [Leica] Re: replacement for M8 shutter?
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Keenan)
Date: Thu Jan 31 16:31:27 2008

I have to say that I am impressed if not surprised that Leica is listening
to and defacto acknowledging that those of use who griped about the shutter
sound (and refuse to own an M8 because of it) were actually right all along.

The new sound is more quiet but still sounds a bit clacky -- more like an
R-D1 then an M film camera. But still it is an improvement. I'd have to hold
and listen to a modified M8 before deciding how successful this update would
be for me.

>Yes

>>Is that really what Leica is talking about? A physical replacement of the
>>existing clap-trap shutter with something more "M-like"?

Dave.

--
Portfolio Slideshow: www.david-keenan.com/portfolio
2008 PAW Gallery: www.david-keenan.com/paw