Subject: [Leica] On Both Sides
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov)
Date: Wed Jan 30 17:07:26 2008

If there were an archival digital standard they would be honking it
up and down the street.
As it is, there is no digital standard with an ISO stamp on on it.
s.d.

On Jan 30, 2008, at 5:03 PM, Frank Filippone wrote:

Cracked plastic?  Artifacts so old that they can no longer be read,as
the
old machines or applicable O/S are all gone?

I could go on, but negatives from 1850-whatever are still directly
useable.
Try that with your 2008 digital files in 2158........

Yes, digital is good, but if you are interested in preservation, I
doubt you
will find it in consumer digital.  Museum digital?  Maybe.

Just plain not likely......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

can you imagine, if we were just finding 3  old suitcases full of
Capa's CD's...  ?

what will the future hold?

Steve