Subject: [Leica] Okay. I succumbed. I have a new black M8 on its way from Rich Pinto.
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 11:05:46 2008

Actually it is not, when you look at the 1D MK III and 1Ds MK III Canons,
Nikon D3, Hasselblad Digitals, and all the other cameras at well over $10K,
some are just digital backs with no camera attached.  It is all relative.
My wife thinks any camera over $200 is crazy.  I would make a guess that at
least 50% of us here on the LUG have cameras that cost over $4000, and a
good portion are not Leicas.

This is a dumb thing to debate anyway, who really cares how much you spend
on a camera, as long as you get out there and use it.

Gene

From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>