Subject: [Leica] IMG jade and kevin...
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue Jan 29 17:25:36 2008

On Jan 29, 2008, at 5:33 PM, Ted Grant wrote:

> Steve Barbour showed:
>
>>> Subject: [Leica] IMG jade and kevin...<<
>
>>> a couple of my favorite kids...
>
>>> heroes in the hospital...
>>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/hospital+kids/jade.jpg.html

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/hospital+kids/kevin_002.jpg.html
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/hospital+kids/jadesilly.jpg.html
>
> Hi Steve,
>
> Great expressions! :-)

thanks...   but I can't claim any credit...

:-)

> A suggestion for the book. A child the age of Jade would probably
> make some
> kind of remark about herself if she saw a picture as we see here?

oh yes..a few choice ones...

> So kids old enough to make a comment when shown a picture, you might
> begin a
> collection of quotes as in, "Out of the mouths of babes about
> themselves!"

I have a few over the years...

> These could be dispersed throughout the book. It may or may not
> work, but
> you might try it with a few. Maybe that's just what's needed to take
> the
> edge off the "accepting the scene" by some people?

I am grappling now with these issues Ted and others...

these images are pretty benign...especially compared to some images of
late,

what is it that makes some of these kids images  "hard to take" for
some;
My impression is... these are extremely gentle, compared to "what
could be" ?

But yes... they are all real, unposed, no special lighting,  in
hospital, sometimes raw and honest images.

I have so carefully "sifted and balanced"  choices both in the
shooting, and the showing...

I ask frankly for all of your thoughts into this most difficult issue...

Steve