Subject: [Leica] Leica Announcement (?) - No M9 this year; M8 Upgrade
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Tue Jan 29 13:59:12 2008

Interesting return to their roots:

Rather than buy a new Leica during the screwmount era, you could return your
Leica to Wetzlar to be converted to a state-of-the-art model. Think of the
various Model As and Bs which became IIIfs thanks to a visit at the Wetlzar
"spa".

So I suppose that the M9, whenever it appears, might include an upgrade from
an M8 with what we're coming to expect from the next generation: a full
frame sensor, revised finder masks, the UV color fix and whatever else is
technically possible at that point.

Glad to hear that they're going to quiet the shutter--the shutter/recocking
noise is definitely pronounced on the M8.

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA