Subject: [Leica] American Landscape
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jan 27 06:33:53 2008

Mark Rabiner asked:

>> What kind of meat? That's what I want to know!!<<<

Hi Mark,

My mother was such an incredible cook it was amazing what she could provide
from almost nothing. So one never questioned what her meat pie was made of.
My folks never had much income, if any at times, so when she could save
enough money to buy the ingredients we'd have home made meat pie and you
were only too glad to have some. So you ate it without question.

Today I suppose if you buy them from a greasy spoon restaurant or bakery you
have a right to know what's in it. But if you buy from reputable shops they
are excellent.

As kids, usually for lunch, more often than not it was our "big meal" of the
day. Meat pie was often served with a helping of canned spaghetti in tomato
sauce, we thought it the best in the world. It was food!:-)

It's amazing when you think back to tough economic times of childhood what
foods you thought were so incredible. Hell at times any kind of food for us
was thought wonderful!

It's times like this when we back-track the clock I thank my lucky stars the
Great Spirit shone brightly on my career allowing me to feed my family and
others comfortably.

And yes a small hot meat pie with spaghetti and tomato sauce is still one of
my at home lunch favourites! :-) Nice memories of childhood! :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] American Landscape)