Subject: [Leica] Capa or here we go again
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Sat Jan 26 16:23:57 2008

Ted

I'd never say less than great things about Capa's images (all the
others) and his undying and finally dying bravery. The "moment of death"
seemed to be a situation which got out of control.  Just supposed you'd
been on assignment somewhere and send film back to N.Y. (or Montreal) on
a plane. When your return you find fame and fortune waiting for you.
Some editor had screwed the pooch and made you a star. Geez, I'd not
trust myself to turn it down. :-)

Honest in Florida