Subject: [Leica] Katz Eye Focusing Screens
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Thu Jan 24 08:10:44 2008

Hi Richard,

Thanks for introducing the Katz Eye screen to those of us not
familiar with the brand.

The D40X has focus confirmation built in. Doesn't it work? I find it
works very well on my D2X and D200. The interesting thing about the
Katz screen is they claim it doesn't darken in low light.

With that said I found that the focus confirmation adapters I've used
on my Canon bodies are not that accurate. I installed Canon's split
image screen on my 1Ds Mk II body and find it gives me much more
accurate focus then the confirmation adapters for Leica R and Nikon
lenses. The issue I would have with the D40X is how to install the
screen. I don't think it's meant to be user changed. If you can get
by that issue I would be willing to spend the $98 and give it a try.

And I would tend to trust a company located in Adams, Mass. My end of
the state.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Best,
Len