Subject: [Leica] R Lens info needed
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu Jan 24 08:00:23 2008

The Macro-Elmar 100/4 is a very good (but I wouldn't say outstanding)
macro lens, just a little smaller than the 135mm. Its only real
advantage over the 60mm, which opens up 1 stop wider, is that it's
possible to maintain a greater distance from your subject. It's useful
if you can find the 14262 adapter (a simple extension tube that takes it
down to 1:1.16 instead of 1:3 at 60cm) although it can be used with the
Macro-Adapter-R (14256).
Cheers
Douglas