Subject: [Leica] re: using darkroom
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Wed Jan 23 02:43:39 2008

I am in my darkroom two to three times a week.  I don't work any faster
digitally than I do i the darkroom. I shoot digitally from time to time
and I scan my negatives on a friend's Imacon. I'm learning Photoshop,
which I think is great. I like the added control. I haven't seen a
digital photo of mine or anyone else's, however, that has the magic of
silver.

Black and white silver photos when printed well glow. They are like
paintings that sparkle from the layers of paint. I think that is due to
the silver being in the paper whereas with a digital print it is ink on
paper.  I imagine that as time goes on a different printing process
will develop (no pun intended) that will produce better results. Til
then, I'll print my best work on silver and lesser stuff digitally.

Doug