Subject: [Leica] Re:OT: Nikon D300 impressions so far..screw budgets
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Jan 21 23:30:52 2008

Two big articles I DID read on the D300 is how the did not keep the price
down to compete with Canon but went all out and redid everything with a live
screen and a 50 point AF screen just like the D3.
Its a 1.5 version of a D3 but at a higher price than a D200.
Or the mid range Canon counterpart.

Nikon will of course need another 7 months to come out with a more
affordable 24x36 format digital body.
But they've got their foot in big time.
I'll be getting into 24x36 format  when they do come out with that second
tier camera.
And I always like those second tier cameras better.
And so do must people.  (the F100 a prime example)
They tend to be a much better deal and less of a clunky metal munching
monster.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com