Subject: [Leica] OT: Nikon D300 impressions so far
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon Jan 21 19:10:56 2008

Gene,
The MF Canon lenses will not fit on the present generation of bodies. I
already had the 18-200 lens. So instead of buying a travel camera
(Coolpix/Powershot, etc.), I found it cheaper and better to buy a Nikon D40X
body. You will like this camera, because barring AFS lenses, all other
lenses become manual focus anyway! This because it does not have a focusing
motor on the body, and is dependent on a motor in the lens for AF. That is
what makes it small and light.
Cheers
Jayanand