Subject: [Leica] OT: Nikon D300 impressions so far
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Mon Jan 21 17:41:37 2008

Jayanand,

I agree, the best buy would be with either Nikon or Canon for a DSLR right
now.  However, I find manual focus lenses far more reliable than autofocus.
I find that when I do use the D200, I almost always have the old MF 180/2.8
or the 55/3.5 lens mounted.  I do not use the 18-200AF much at all, even
though it is a very nice lens.  My sucess rate is far better with the MF
lenses.

Gene

From: "Jayanand Govindaraj" <jayanand@gmail.com>