Subject: [Leica] OT: Nikon D300 impressions so far
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Mon Jan 21 14:34:58 2008

But Mark, the D300 and E-3 are within $100 of each other, and similar
weight and sizes so it's a fair comparison. The 1.5x crop vs. 2x crop
is not that much different, especially IF you prefer the 4/3 ratio.

The D3 is a whole different class. It should be compared with
1DsMkIIIOMGWTFBBQ, or the 5DsuperDuperMKCCIXV.

My budget calls for the D300/E-3 (actually my budget calls for E410,
but I digress). If I lift weights and have more money, then the D3
would be very good to have.

At 01:57 PM 1/21/2008, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>If low noise was a key issue then I think we are looking not at the D300 but
>the D3 whose format is twice the size across. That's what's got my attention
>at least.
>Certainly not the Oly  whole format is half the size across.
>I'll take the twice not the half please.
>
>This is  comparing cameras of two different formats as if they are equals'
>Like saying "Gee there's a new  Linhof Master Technika out and  a Rolleiflex
>out which one do I want to get?
>With no mention of the fact that one is brownie film and one is sheet film.
>Nor what you'd shoot with it and what your output size and form would be.
>Its like which one would look good in my glass case with my unicorn
>collection.

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] OT: Nikon D300 impressions so far)
Reply from lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] OT: Nikon D300 impressions so far)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] OT: Nikon D300 impressions so far)