Subject: [Leica] OT: Nikon D300 impressions so far
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun Jan 20 23:11:09 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 5:56 AM, Christopher Williams
<leicachris@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Holy crap! As a long time Nikon user I can finally shoot above 800iso with
> no noise! Even 3200iso looks great. I've seen good 6400iso images from the
> D3 so I'm going to assume this is also possible with the D300 though I
> have not tried it.

I was shopping for a D300 this fall. I was pressured by time since I
was leaving on a trip. The Nikon rep told me not to hold my breath,
even though Nikon was saying they'd come to Sweden in November, so I
picked up a D80 in the meantime.

The D80 is a little better than the D100 at 1600. These were taken at
iso 1600 and I had frankly forgotten about it until I read this. Now
that I am used to the D80 with me all the time (it's small, not as
small as the D40x, but it'll do), now that it is a constant side-kick
... haven't decided if I need a D300 or not.

http://dlridings.se/blog/2008/01/07/clash-of-values/

same, in Swedish:

http://dlridings.net/blog/?p=35

Daniel