Subject: [Leica] 28's- CV Ultron & Summicron
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Sun Jan 20 15:47:50 2008

If you are shooting architecture you don't want barrel distortion.
A good lens is is supposed to have as less barrel distortion as possible.
I bought a elmarit 19 fist version lately and I noticed the same effect
you mention. Not too much elongation of peoples head. I did shoot my
birthday party with it. Must have some barrel distortion but unless you
shoot serious architecture or brick walls you won't notice it.
yes, you have to pay to read Sean's reviews. I did, and he sure makes
nice and thorough reviews.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema