Subject: [Leica] Img: Snowflake
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Jan 16 06:24:59 2008

Len,

Very interesting image. Reminds me of the Nova series on PBS on cold
that just aired. One interesting challenge that physicists faced once
they created a Bose-Einstein condensate -- a substance near Absolute
Zero -- was how do you photograph it? Any light and it's gone. (and here
I struggle figuring out fill flash). They didn't go into detail about
the photography part. But apparently they solved it by popping a strobe
which created a momentary shadow which they then photographed. Those
tricky physicists! The picture looked like a candle photographed with a
very OOF Summarit, and cross processed to boot. For a moment the skeptic
in me wondered, "hmmmmmm, what's that IIIG and menorah doing on your
desk?" :-)

DaveR