Subject: [Leica] IMG : For rent - irony
From: philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD)
Date: Tue Jan 15 08:50:07 2008

Steve Barbour wrote:

> On Jan 15, 2008, at 4:11 AM, Philippe AMARD wrote:
>
>> A wink to Walt, and Steve.
>> http://tinyurl.com/yqvoa7
>

>  love it, but the French as usual communicates with a special irony...

In fact, grave locations are leased for 99 years i.e. legal perpetuity.
Once the period has elapsed, they go for auction at the
townhall/municipality, that is, the real owner of the land. This unless
the family or a mecene pays for an extra lease. The remains usually are
picked up and kept in a crypt of some sort with others. Ashes to ashes
if I may say.