Subject: [Leica] FW: Leica M8 warning
From: plus_4 at hotmail.com (Neil Miller)
Date: Tue Jan 15 08:46:07 2008

Vick, Just shortly before the strap came off I was using a flash. For a
short time the flash would not fire then started working again. I have also
had four or five times that the first exposure in the auto mode was either
way overexposed or way under exposed. These two things may have been caused
by the screws. It is on its way to Leica.

Neil

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:23:29 -0500  Vick Ko wrote

"Oh crap, I was afraid that you had meant "the lugs themselves had fallen
off".

On a Leica classical M, these lugs are rivets, and held by actually
deforming the lugs like a rivet. On a classical Nikon F, they are held
by set screws.

On a Leica M, I've rarely seen them loose, although I have seen them loose.

On an electronic camera like the M8, I shudder to think what is
happening with three metal screws bouncing around. Eventually, wouldn't
they touch something that they aren't supposed to, and fry the
electronics? I would think a trip to NJ or Solms is in order."

Neil A. Miller
Phoenix, Arizona
Email: plus_4@hotmail.com
Website: http://www.neilamiller.com