Subject: [Leica] When in doubt ask photographer
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jan 13 08:39:54 2008

Robert Meir offered:

To: Leica Users Group
Subject: Re: [Leica] When in doubt ask photographer

Ted,

You might have said something like, 'after many years of shooting in these
situations I am convinved that the people I'm photographing forget I'm

there and are not affected by my presence.But I am a participant in these
situations and am not an objective observer. Perhaps, consciously or
unconciously, their behavior is affected -- how can I possibly know? I
cannot go into their minds.

Robert,

You maybe right.

However when you folks see and hear the BRAVO TV broadcast shortly and
what's offered in comment by one of Canada's ex Prime Minister's and his
wife along with other interviewees about my being around and yet they not
being the least bit aware I was might surprise many of you.

>>>Instead, insisting that your years of experience must dominate and that
your adversaries must accept what you say, therefore, as the sole truth, or
get stuffed, is not the way to win an argument.<<

Quite possibly! However, as you know there are times I don't mince words
when it comes to life experience, certainly when I'm told I'm wrong!

I've found people listen more intently and learn while it sticks with them
when there's a kind of kick in the butt. Particularly when I'm told I'm
wrong!

I may have used a slightly different wording given Tarek is also a
professional photographer. However, because he is, he'll understand my
rather "snap at" response!

ted

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] When in doubt ask photographer)