Subject: [Leica] When in doubt ask photographer
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Jan 12 08:21:20 2008

At 11:14 AM 1/12/2008, you wrote:

>I detect "age related" within the various reactions to this young
>woman's work.
>George

You're right.  I said with my first response "I'm too old!"  I'm with
Walt in appreciating the Magnum photographers when it comes to
documentary work.  The younger photographers just seem to insert
themselves too much in the photo.  Maybe it's just that they are
trying to be different and stand out from the crowd, but I still
prefer when the photographer does not impose a "style" that seems
contrived but lets the work speak for itself.

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI
http://www.tinamanley.com