Subject: [Leica] OT: Value of Rolleiflex
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Fri Jan 11 23:48:34 2008

BD is right. They do go for more. I use Rolleis a lot, but I don't buy
them very often. I've seen prices fly by in my email and I have a dim
recollection that they are higher than this.

The Planars and Xenotars sell for the same in the class of cameras.
Anything else you hear is myth :-)

I think the Planars became more rare with time as Rollei supplied
their cameras with Xenotars and on the collector's market something
that is rare drives the price up. We're not talking about much though.
The difference is about as great as the difference between the White
Sox and the Cubs.

Daniel