Subject: [Leica] Winchester in Infrared
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Fri Jan 11 17:53:28 2008

Hi Len:

Am still working on cleaning out my inbox.

I used a Pentax isDS as it has a weak hot mirror (IR blocking) filter,
so it still lets some infrared into the sensor.  My newer Pentax K10D is
useless for IR photography whereas your M8 seems perfect.

The strange color happens after I open the files in Photoshop, (after
converting them first from RAW) and then apply CURVES. The very red
former RAW file then turns into those odd colors.  After that I convert
most of them to B&W.

I think the Milk Bottle shot in the middle of the link below is so far
the best of these IR shots:

<http://www.hemenway.com/GotMilk/>

Jim