Subject: [Leica] modern photoreportage?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Fri Jan 11 07:48:01 2008

On Jan 10, 2008, at 7:53 PM, Phil Swango wrote:

> Like Larry Clark's "Tulsa" but in color.  That was in 1971.  Not
> much has
> changed it looks like.

Phil's post caused me to consider what we see when a new generation
returns to a recurring subject or theme. I don't recall ever hearing
a comment like this, on  this list, after we look at yet another
frame from one of our national parks; or any number of other
recurring subjects or themes. In point of fact, Jessica's images do
demonstrate change. Her subjects appear as this generation of lost
addicts photographed in a style which also suggests a change in the
way we see. While these visual changes in content and style may
appear subtle. I perceive them none the less.

Fond regards,
George
george@imagist.com
www.imagist.com