Subject: [Leica] FS 1-11-08: R 6.2 + Motor Winder
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Thu Jan 10 13:36:07 2008

I bought this R 6.2 (s/n 1913xxx) and motor winder (s/n) 39xxx) used in
September 2002 from a (at least then) prominent member of another Leica
forum.  I used it very little but I kept it for sentimental reasons....I
like it, and since Salgado used this model to such great effect I
thought it would make me a great photographer as well <g>.

However, I have come to realize I likely won't use it again and
someone else could well use and enjoy it.

Although I haven't used it in a a long while I do always run the
shutter speeds every 90 days to keep it lubricated, and it seems to be
just fine.  It shows minimal signs of wear, except primarily for wear
marks on the bottom of the body where the winder attaches.

In October of 2001 the original owner had the circuit board replaced and
a CLA done by Leica NJ.  I have a copy of that receipt.  I don't have
the camera box but I am reasonably sure I have the owner's manual. It
comes with the body cap but no strap.

I want $1250 for it, including insured priority shipping to the lower
48.  Shipping and insurance elsewhere, if it can be arranged, will be at
cost.  I can take PayPal if you like and will split the fees.

If interested please reply offlist to rbaron at concentric dot net

--Bob Baron / Oklahoma City