Subject: [Leica] play sleep repeat
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Jan 9 14:44:43 2008

Daniel wrote:

>>A forum of photographers is probably the wrong place to look for
criticism.<<

I often remind myself that commenting on photos can be dangerous. I may
like or dislike something depending on my particular mood, which not
surprisingly can vary day to day, and at times even moment to moment.

I learned a valuable lesson years ago when I posted an image that I'd
color balanced on an old un-calibrated monitor, using the wrong color
space for the web, to boot. The responses I got all centered on color
correction which I thought missed the point....until I realized that was
the only point that really mattered.

Finally, there is no tone in e-mail, so things don't always come across
the way you plan and it's easy to be misunderstood unless you really
couch your prose carefully. I, unfortunately, usually type faster than I
think which probably would make me the world's worst critic.

I really like the cat photo, though. It nearly put me to
sleep.....because the cat looked so darn relaxed.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] play sleep repeat)