Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hand, 2
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Jan 7 06:36:22 2008

At 09:26 PM 1/6/2008, you wrote:
>Tina,
>some of the images are a bit too saturated in colour, but they look
>better without the filter fiddle. I love the LR adjustment and I've
>begun to experiement with scanning on the NIKON and then converting
>to DNG with import to LR. makes it easy to tone down the colour and
>control it over a whole batch so you get consistant results. I've
>also re white balanced some slide scans with good result
>
>Cheers

Thanks, but saturated is what sells these days - way over-saturated
usually.  The thumbnail has to stand out in the crowd:

http://www.alamy.com/showcase/travel/default.asp

How are you converting the scanned files to DNG?  If I save mine as
Tiff, Lightroom says it can't convert a non-Raw image to DNG.  If I
save it as NEF, LR doesn't recognize the file type.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks -

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI