Subject: [Leica] Teeny URL Reposts
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Sun Jan 6 21:45:44 2008

Folks -

involved in accessing long links I set up these easy-click versions
(seen in context of the original post.)

And now, since I'm at least as sick of this silliness as the rest of
you, (and thanks to Steve for his gracious response) I promise that
the whole thing has officially been Put to Rest on this end...

Brian -

I seem to recall that you asked for an "expansive" interpretation of
the theme.  So, in the spirit of bluff-calling I decided to really
try to find some alternate takes on this "caring" business.  Here's
one which took last place in the contest (a spot which I'm proud to
share with some of my favorite photographers and people on the LUG) -
it's about a guy who really cares about his book, and apparently
thinks that we should, too:

http://tinyurl.com/28evnl

And another (4th from last) about a couple of guys who care so much
about who's got the "right of way" that they think it's worth a
streetfight (again, having the 50 would've been nice):

http://tinyurl.com/2mhwk6

(Really sincere apologies for referring to my own damn pix but if I
get started on all the cool stuff in the contest (like the opposing
hands in George's picture) we'll never get outta here...)

But in the end Walt's straightforward, resonant and beautiful
renderings of human compassion triumphed, and that's really good news
for all of us.

Bob Palmieri