Subject: [Leica] Re: December 2007 LUG Photo Contest results
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun Jan 6 17:24:15 2008

>  (One of my fantasies is that I'll snag a grant one of these days that
will allow me to tool around the
> US (in the 2-seat retro sports car of my choice) and collect a bunch
> of these things for a nice exhibition someday.)

Bob: http://www.nea.gov/grants/apply/Visualarts.html
Don't give up.  I am still hopeful for a response someday (though it has
been years) to my grant application for "Secret Lives of CPA's".  My first
visit to a camera club was when I submitted a few early nudes, and the first
photo shown was of a somber woman dressed up in pioneer gear in a hand-knit
frame...O Sierra.  Mine did not do well, and although two of the three
judges gave it a four out of five, one gave it a zero on the basis that it
was an inappropriate subject for photography.  In retrospect, it was not a
good photo and I think the zero judge had it right, though for perhaps
different reasons.

Ken